Safety solutions for utility workers
Utility workers often work in hazardous conditions with a degree of risk, and often work alone in remote areas. It is important for utilities companies to enhance the safety of technicians and the public by equipping workers with mobile field service technology and software solutions alongside quality PPE.
- Rugged and wearable mobility devices allow utility workers to use both hands while working in potentially hazardous conditions
- Devices like smartphones, tablets and laptops need to be ruggedised to withstand the harsh conditions in environments like mining locations, oil rigs and undergrounding services
- Push-To-Talk (PTT) capabilities on mobile devices can be lifesaving for utility workers, with a single-button press to open fast and accurate digital communication with no limited transmission range
Utility worker productivity solutions
Maximised productivity of your utility workers in the field saves costs and can make their work easier. Making sure you’re collecting the correct data in real time is key to streamlining utility services.
- Equipping workers with high quality, ruggedised devices that they use to access real-time information reduces downtime by avoiding dead batteries and damaged equipment in the harsh environments that utility workers operate in
- Technicians can reduce the amount of time it takes to complete routine tasks if they have wearable devices like barcode scanning technologies that don’t need to be picked up to operate, and body-worn cameras for communicating with colleagues to remotely diagnose issues
- Integrating cloud solutions on devices that track and monitor utility workers has many benefits, from making their job easier, keeping them safe and having real-time data to improve staff performance
- Connect your utility workers vehicles, jobs, workers and customers with telematics solutions, to get your technicians where they are needed and increase customer satisfaction