Our principle environmental commitments are:
- to comply with all applicable legislation, codes of practice, regulatory controls and client or insurance requirements
- to use energy and natural resources efficiently and to reduce consumption where possible
- to minimise the generation of waste and to dispose of unavoidable waste in a responsible manner
- to consider the environmental implications of changes to products, processes, materials and facilities when business decisions are made
- to continually improve our environmental performance through the setting and review of realistic and achievable objectives and targets
- to reduce emissions to levels at which adverse impacts on the environment are avoided
- to conserve and protect the environment and, wherever possible, improve it through the services we provide
- to operate in a socially responsible manner
- to perform business electronically, to reduce paper usage
- to always seek to purchase products that are environmentally friendly, re-usable, and recyclable and that do not damage the environment.
- to design, operate and maintain our equipment to the highest practicable standards in order to meet our environmental objectives
- to implement new technology to improve working practices.
- to provide appropriate resources for the implications of this policy
The Director responsible for Environmental Policy is Joanne Lee