Ethics Policy Statement - Inclusive of Modern Slavery
The Barcode Warehouse Limited (Registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 03842666) is the UK's leading barcode solution provider. Solutions include the supply and maintenance of barcode scanners, barcode readers, label printers, plastic ID card printers, barcode printers, EPOS systems, wireless products and barcode software and hardware solutions. In addition, we offer a specialist label bureau service printing in excess of one billion self-adhesive labels, tickets and tags per annum.
Goods and services are generally sourced from recognised international vendors and distributors and are supplied to end-users either directly or via an established re-seller network.
This Policy summarises our legal, ethical, corporate social and basic human rights obligations (including our obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015) that are addressed in further detail within our Staff Handbook (which includes a detailed policy on Whistleblowing), a copy of which is made available to all employees.
The details of this Policy Statement form part of the Company’s induction process and all appropriate employees (those specifically involved in procurement and the employment of staff or contractors) are reminded of its existence and contents at regular intervals thereafter.
The Managing Director of the Company is responsible for the implementation and adherence to this Policy Statement.
We declare that in terms of:
- We will comply with the laws of the applicable legal system(s).
Prohibition of Corruption and Bribery
- We will tolerate no form of and not engage in any form of corruption or bribery, including any payment or other form of benefit conferred on any Government official for the purpose of influencing decision making in violation of law (in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010).
Respect for the Basic Human Rights of Employees
- We will promote equal opportunities for and treatment of our employees irrespective of skin colour, race, nationality, social background, disabilities, sexual orientation, political or religious belief, sex or age.
- We will respect the personal dignity, privacy and rights of each individual.
- We will not employ or make anyone work against their will or in servitude.
- We will not tolerate any unacceptable treatment of employees, such as mental cruelty, sexual harassment or discrimination.
- We will prohibit behaviour including gestures, language and physical contact, that is sexual, coercive, threatening, abusive or exploitative.
- We will provide fair remuneration and guarantee the applicable national statutory minimum wage.
- We will comply with the maximum number of working hours laid down in the applicable laws.
- We will recognise, as far as legally possible, the right of free association of employees and to neither favour nor discriminate against members of employee organisations or trade unions.
Prohibition of Child Labour
- We will not employ workers under the age of 15.
Health and Safety of Employees
- We will take responsibility for the health and safety of our employees.
- We will control hazards and take the best reasonably possible precautionary measures, so far as is reasonably practicable against accidents and occupational diseases.
- We will provide training and ensure that employees are educated in health and safety issues.
- We will set up and use a reasonable occupational health & safety management system.
- We will act in accordance with the applicable statutory and international standards regarding environmental protection.
- We will minimise environmental pollution and make continuous improvements in environmental protection.
- We will use a reasonable environmental management system.
- We will comply with the principles of non-discrimination with regard to supplier selection and treatment.
- We will not knowingly source goods and/or services from companies where we have concerns regarding their compliance with this statement.
- We will not knowingly source goods and/or services from companies where we have concerns regarding their involvement in human trafficking
- All new suppliers (or sub-contractors) will be required to confirm in writing that they fully comply with this statement, and make reasonable efforts to ensure that those in their supply chain do too, where they do not have published statement covering these areas.
The Barcode Warehouse Group's Modern Slavery Statement is attached below: