Our problem management service identifies, resolves and prevents problems before they cause service-impacting incidents
Organisations with large numbers of devices need intelligent systems to prevent recurring problems. As part of our problem management service, we proactively identify and address issues. Working with you over time, we become better able to detect potential problems and deal with them before they arise.
What is problem management?
Problem management is a process for identifying potential issues, understanding the root causes and addressing them before they have a negative impact. This can be both proactive (foreseeing problems that could be caused by flaws in systems) and reactive (recognising potential problems based on logged incidents).
Leading providers of problem management services detect most issues prior to them becoming a problem. They also monitor recurring tickets closely to ensure that any minor incidents are dealt with quickly and efficiently without causing disruption to your organisation. The overall aim of problem management is to fast track resolutions and prevent problems from escalating.
Problem management vs incident management
Problem management focuses on preventing problems with devices from arising or reducing the impact they have on an organisation’s operations. By contrast, incident management is a real-time process, providing support in cases where technical issues occur.
Barcode Warehouse offers both incident and problem management services, which work together to help ensure your mobile device estate stays up and running at all times.
How problem management services help your organisation
Some organisations choose to handle problem management for their devices in-house. In many cases, this results in a reactive approach, with teams constantly scrambling to address newly emerging problems as they arise through tickets. Not only do these companies see more major incidents, but they’re also less efficient because problem management is not their primary focus.
Outsourced problem management services deliver better outcomes for your company (and are more cost-effective than in-housing for a wide range of different organisations). With the support of a leading technology solutions integrator, you can keep operations running smoothly and ensure your teams can always rely on their devices.
By choosing The Barcode Warehouse, you’ll benefit from the sustained support of a highly skilled team with the technical know-how to spot potential issues, analyse patterns and nip future incidents in the bud. We don’t just offer enterprise mobility Managed Services, we’re also a household name in the B2B tech supply world – who better to look after your mobile device estate?
What is included as part of a problem management support package?
As your problem management solutions provider, we will:
- Identify recurring logged incidents to detect and address them before they become a problem. We prioritise matters that might cause serious disruption to your business, and fast track them to resolution
- Monitor your logged incidents, looking to recognise patterns of events that suggest an underlying problem
- Proactively prevent problems by identifying opportunities with regular analysis to prevent future incidents, and report upon these on a monthly basis
- Propose intelligent solutions to problems, ensuring greater productivity across the whole mobile device estate and helping you to realise their project objectives
How do problem management services factor into a wider enterprise mobility strategy?
Problem management is an integral component of your wider enterprise mobility strategy. Its role within this strategy is to:
- Work alongside incident and release management to keep your teams’ mobile devices running smoothly without any software issues
- Ensure your organisation’s operations are not hindered by technical problems
- Reduce costly periods of device downtime
- Prevent serious software security incidents from arising
- Limit the number of issues that are reported, saving your organisation the financial and time burden of dealing with them.
Our other Managed Services
We offer a comprehensive range of enterprise mobility Managed Services, including:
Proactive Device Management
Helping you effectively and efficiently manage your estate.
For customers who value data-driven business efficiency, our Proactive Device Management service collects data and then enables you to build a mobility fleet with optimal device deployment and performance. Using our Configuration Management System (CMS), we collect, store, and analyse information over time including:
Location –making sure you have the right type and number of devices in the right places
Utilisation –ensuring the devices you have are working at capacity and thefts and losses are recorded
Battery –keeping battery efficiency high for maximum performance
SIM –managing monthly bills and usage
Gold Build –making sure your operating systems and applications are functioning consistently across your fleet