We manage your MDM solution from end-to-end using industry best practices, ensuring your device estate is optimised with our expert mobile device management service
Most workplaces have policies that allow employees to use their own mobile devices for work, as well as having flexible device usage. This is especially useful in remote and hybrid work environments. However, managing a variety of personal and business devices can be difficult, so small companies need to be proactive with their Mobile Device Management (MDM).
Our MDM management service has supportability, security and functionality in mind. Our highly trained build and release team ensure your mobile device management (MDM) platform is fully set up using best practice, including folder structures, profiles and packages chosen from our range of suppliers
What is mobile device management?
Mobile device management (MDM) is the process of managing your MDM platform from end to end and ensuring that it is set up according to best practices. This includes securing, managing and executing comprehensive policies on mobile devices in the workplace, all from a unified system.
Many modern-day workplaces have Bring Your Own Devices (BYOD) policies to facilitate the shift to remote and hybrid working arrangements. Leading technology solutions integrators like The Barcode Warehouse can manage your MDM platform effectively to ensure consistent levels of performance and security across all devices while maintaining some user flexibility.
What are the benefits of outsourced mobile device management for your business?
Some organisations choose to oversee their MDM platform in-house, although this requires extensive technical support teams who are dedicated to the process. Outsourcing your mobile device management offers a range of benefits:
- By ensuring optimal performance across your entire mobile device estate, MDM offers an attractive return on investment for businesses of all sizes.
- With our support, you have constant access to data backup and restoration in the event that any files and folders are lost from your devices.
- Centralised MDM delivers cost savings and efficiencies as there is no need to allocate and reallocate employee devices to implement changes.
- As a result of our secure remote MDM process, all users and the devices used within your business can be encrypted and overseen by administrative controls, adding an essential layer of cybersecurity.
- Employees automatically adhere to organisational policies such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Know Your Customer (KYC) mandates.
How we configure and manage your mobile devices
Our role as a trusted technology solutions integrator and MDM service provider is to keep track of and manage mobile devices within an organisation. This includes managing apps, data, and security on devices.
We do this by:
- Ensuring that your existing MDM solution is running on the latest and most stable version at the start of the partnership, as well as optimising the setup for the most reliable results.
- Overseeing your MDM platform, ensuring that it is organised and managed as per best practices. This may include folder structures, profiles, bundles, packs and packages.
- Enhancing device supportability in the field, ensuring security and functionality and ensuring maximised productivity.
- We have long-standing, collaborative and proven relationships with the world’s most innovative and trusted MDM solution providers including SOTI, 42 Gears and Ivanti. As such, we will always recommend and deploy the best solution for your business needs.
The steps involved in our MDM process
Our MDM process is as follows:
- Through our cloud-based management software, our team can oversee and configure devices that are employee-owned or corporate-owned.
- The devices are enrolled onto the chosen MDM platform (we can recommend and supply an appropriate solution if one is not already in place).
- Device enrolment can take place via vendor-specific registration programs that Apple, Google, Samsung and Microsoft offer. Alternatively, these can be added manually by the user, with a QR code, e-mail, SMS, NFC or a token.
- Our admins are able to push configurations and applications via the management console over the air (OTA). The MDM server shares commands that are applied to devices through application programming interfaces (APIs) integrated within the operating system.
Our other Managed Services
We offer a comprehensive range of enterprise mobility Managed Services, including:
Proactive Device Management
Helping you effectively and efficiently manage your estate.
For customers who value data-driven business efficiency, our Proactive Device Management service collects data and then enables you to build a mobility fleet with optimal device deployment and performance. Using our Configuration Management System (CMS), we collect, store, and analyse information over time including:
Location –making sure you have the right type and number of devices in the right places
Utilisation –ensuring the devices you have are working at capacity and thefts and losses are recorded
Battery –keeping battery efficiency high for maximum performance
SIM –managing monthly bills and usage
Gold Build –making sure your operating systems and applications are functioning consistently across your fleet